Advanced Luxury Draping
IWED's NEWEST COURSE! MASTER THE ART OF LUXURY DRAPING WITH THIS 2-DAY INTENSIVE COURSE.
ENHANCE YOUR HANDS-ON SKILLS AND DESIGN REPERTOIRE. EXECUTE STUNNING BACKDROPS FOR HIGH-END CLIENTS AND SCALE YOUR BUSINESS.
GET A LEG UP ON THE COMPETITION WITH THE INSIDE SCOOP ON THE MOST UP-TO-DATE TECHNIQUES AND MODERN TRENDS IN DRAPERY.
EVERY STUDENT OF ADVANCED DRAPING WILL WALK AWAY WITH THE MASTERY AND EXPERTISE TO CREATE BOTH GRAND AND BEAUTIFUL BACKDROPS, CONFIDENTLY, FOR ANY OCCASION OR EVENT ON YOUR CALENDAR.
Our Advanced Luxury Draping Course is focused on draping on a grand scale, large installation, and principles of advanced draping & techniques. The skills learned throughout the course will be invaluable to you as a business owner in the event design industry, looking to scale.
Day 1 - Introduction: Fundamentals and Practical Luxury Draping Design
- Understanding the role of draping in event design with advanced principles for designing visually impactful backdrops.
- Discover the techniques for crafting swags, pleating, ruching, and layering to design grand backdrops.
- Recreate the displayed styles from the instructor's preselected designs.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of fabric types, textures, and colors for executing truly LUXURY designs.
- Learn proper maintenance handling of said different fabrics.
- Implement advanced techniques for combining and layering fabrics.
- Instructor Demonstrations & Practical Luxury Drape Design Techniques
- Instructor-led showcase with collaborative group projects
- Design custom grand backdrops with accessories, such as floral embellishments
Day 2 - Advanced Draping, Creative Design, & Practical Techniques
- Master intricate draping techniques to elevate your designs.
- Learn how focal points establish what grabs peoples' attention and the features to use to enhance your designs.
- Explore the Psychology of Color and fabric selection, to know how to choose the RIGHT fabrics for the occasion that complement your colors and venue.
- Collaborate within groups to create original event designs by integrating advanced draping techniques and incorporating specialized hardware effects.
- Create two grand, advanced draping installations, including three-panel and four-panel backdrops with weaving, 3D elements, curved drape supports, and cantilevers.
- Participate in break-out sessions wherein you will craft original designs, brainstorm innovations, incorporate the advanced draping techniques you've learned so far, and implement specialized hardware.
- Understand collaborative design processes and effective client communication to translate their visions into realistic draping concepts.
- Learn effective strategies for presenting and marketing your work to clients.
- Learn formulae and pricing strategies to empower yourself and build a business on a proper pricing model in order to navigate the event industry with confidence and ease.
How Our Course Works
Our brand new, Advanced Luxury Draping Course, is 2-Days of Hands-on Training to enhance your draping and design skills and take you from Novice to Master! At IWED, we pride ourselves on our institution being North America's Premier Design School and #1 worldwide for hands-on training and certification programs.
- Step #1: Choose Your Location
- Step #2: Get Excited!
- Step #3: Join us for 2 Incredible Days of Hands-on Training!
- Step #4: Learn the Design Principles & Techniques associated with Advanced Draping.
- Step #5: Execute Large-scale, Stunning Backdrops of 3- and 4-Panel Setups with 3D elements, accessories, swags, weaving, cantilevers, & more!
- Step #6: Get Your Certificate!
Our hands-on courses will give you the edge...and a leg up on the competition, so you can deliver truly exquisite draping and designs to your clientele and get paid MORE for your hard work. Scale your business this year by joining us at one of our 20 teaching locations across America; hone your skills and get certified!
Grow your business and be recognized as a top designer in your area with our *NEW* Advanced Draping certificate.
You will leave this workshop with extensive new design skills so don't put it off! Enroll NOW and boost your career and your business like never before!
This course is designed to provide you with the theoretical and practical knowledge to effectively execute stunning luxury draping installations that incorporate the latest trends and techniques of the industry and will have you walking away being able to price and communicate these visions adequately and with confidence.
This Course Includes:
- 2-Days of hands-on instruction with a Design Expert
- Hardcopy and Digital Download of your IWED Advanced Draping Workbook & Textbook
- Post-Grad Videos and Guides for Reference & Review
- Contract and Business Document Templates
- An IWED Welcome Kit and Swag Bag, with Exclusive IWED Student Lapel Pin
- Future Discounts on IWED Programs AND design/decor products from our partner, Event Decor Direct
- Facebook Alumni Group for your Networking, Questions, and Peer Feedback
"I live at home with my two kids (5 & 7) and just getting a moment to focus on myself is sometimes hard. But IWED Online allowed me to work through the course at my own pace, and now I am proud to say that I quit my job and am a full time wedding and event designer. I get time with my kids and still time for myself. This is the life I always dreamt of."
LEARN BY DOING. OUR CURRICULUM IS 100% HANDS-ON LEARNING
Our curriculum is taught by industry experts who show you the right way to execute magazine-cover worthy designs.
Post-demonstration you work with the instructors and the rest of the group to build out the various elements of the event, from reception to ceremony & more.
Afterwards there is an open discussion and Q&A on the design elements, techniques and tools used during the execution portion.
We do this for every stage of the event, so you can understand how designers pull off top-tier events for luxury hotels and celebrity clientelle.
LOVED BY STUDENTS
It was a great online experience! I was able to work at my own pace and get instructor feedback. It also taught me the foundational skills that I need to be successful in this industry. It increased my knowledge and my creativity.